Monday 16 May 2016

Me Made May - Week 2 Round Up

 

I can't believe week 2 has been and gone already. This week has been quite repetitive, I've found I'm wearing a few key items a lot! I've also struggled a bit with the hot weather as I only have one me-made summer skirt and no tops! I really need to address that!

 

I spent Sunday in York Museum Gardens and the weather was beautiful. I started off wearing my MIY Collection Longley Cardi, but it got too hot and then I was just in my RTW jeans and nursing top.

 

Monday was the same story, my RTW summer clothes with my Longley Cardi for when it was a little cooler. I'm finding this cardi so versatile for the weather, it's easy to throw on, doesn't crease and is cool if left open. I am planning another in a lighter knit fabric, I'm hoping it will be drapier and cooler and should see me through the summer!

 

Tuesday was a rainy day here. I wore my newly finished Simple Sew Patterns Classic Culottes. They are great in the rain because they are lightweight and the bottoms don't get soaked!

On Wednesday I wore a denim Megan Nielsen Patterns Brumby Skirt with my Sewaholic Fraser Sweatshirt. I loved the look of Brumby, but in this stiffer denim I don't think it does much for me, I'm going to re-make in a drapier fabric. This sweatshirt is getting a lot of wear as it's a lovely bright colour and the sleeve length means it's not overly warm.

 

Thursday saw the return of my trusty Colette Ginger. I've just noticed the waistband is coming apart at the back so I need to do some emergency repair work on it! This Ginger has an elasticated waistband and is made from stretch denim - it's so comfy and easy to wear!

 

I decided on Friday to not show another photo of my Longley Cardi, but to show what my little boy was wearing. I made my first Brindille and Twig pattern - a sweatshirt out of Girl Charlee UK teal cotton spandex. The fabric is lovely quality, I need to get some more to make myself a t shirt. The pattern was a joy to work with and so quick to make. The only fiddly bit was attaching the cuffs on the overlocker because they are so small!

On Saturday the baby had a nap for a whole hour (so unusual for him) so instead of doing the washing up I made some progress on my Simple Sew Patterns Peter Pan Blouse. I'm really taking my time with it and it's paying off because it's really neat. This is going to make up some of my much needed summer wardrobe!

 

I feel like I'm struggling a little to find something interesting to wear each day. I need to make a couple of basic t shirts and some more trousers so I have some wardrobe staples.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment